"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you....For I am the Lord, your God...." Isaiah 43:1-3

Saturday 1 October 2011

africa 2011 - day 2-well

today I woke up early - a way too early, not even the kids were up yet.
I asked Coralee what they were going to do while they are here. It's nice to hang out with Grace and kids but I wanted to start some project this time around...

and so...we're going to dig a well. I know, it's the most cliché thing I could do - dig a well in africa.
Peter needs the well, it's going to provide water for a big part of his farm and we're happy to help.
10 feet across, 20 feet deep. - and as we use metric system at home, I had absolutely no idea what these dimensions meant.

we had githeri for lunch - I missed it so much.

{Jerremy - Peter's little son - with a paper tissue I gave him - I've never seen someone laugh with happiness just because he was given a paper issue before}


Nicole left today. I almost cried - not for Nicole, as lovely as she is, I'm not going to miss her - we've only known each other for 2 days... but her leaving, reminded me that I will have to say good-bye to everyone soon - sooner that I want.


/and all the time I was in africa I had to think about how short this trip was and how I would leave soon. I know I wasn't very good company, because even though I tried to be happy and pretend everything's great, I felt sad most of the time and all I wanted was to hold my kids in my arms and never let them go. I was there for my kids, not for the volunteers, but still, I feel like I should apologize for not being 100% myself...of maybe not, because I was there for my kids and that's what matters./

No comments: