"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you....For I am the Lord, your God...." Isaiah 43:1-3

Friday 23 September 2011

africa 2011 - journey (day 0)

I remember all the planning, vaccinations and dreaming before africa n°1.

I don't really know what exactly happened before africa n°2. I know I've been at school, I remember passing my last exam and suddenly having 3 weeks of free time ahead of me.

I remember checking flight ticket prices.

and then two days later I was at the airport, writing this and this post

it was a long flight, and I'm an expert in the field of "waiting at the airport" by now.
I've sent few postcards from Amsterdam, I roamed the lonely moving sidewalks of the airport lounge 1 and 2, I've visited duty-free shops selling a way too expensive items, I slept and crocheted a hat - too small for anyone bigger than a doll - which I, later, disassembled into a very nice yarn-ball.
I crossed the passport control and checked out few more stores.
I slept through the majority of the AMS-NBO flight. Food was delicious. like always.
I never really understood why people complain about airplane food.


I had 3 seats for myself. Staff was extra nice. Seriously, I fell in love with one of the stewards just by watching him prepare a cradle for a baby who was traveling with mom. I know they are payed for doing this, but they don't get extra money for bringing extra pillow and extra blanket for the baby, they should.
I just think it's incredibly sexy when a man's being so gentle with a baby.

aaanyway, I arrived on Sunday, in the morning, excited to see everyone again, but I wasn't nervous about anything this time... I felt like coming home after two long years.

and when I saw Grace standing there in front of the kitchen I knew I was where God wanted me to be, everything seemed right.

No comments: