"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you....For I am the Lord, your God...." Isaiah 43:1-3

Thursday 24 November 2011

I miss africa

one more post about wishing I was there...

{Julius - august 2011}

I miss my kids so much these days…I mean, I’ve missed them every day since Africa but it’s been really hard now, I’m not sure why exactly…

Christmas is almost here and I’d love to be home for chiristmas but I won’t…

Well, I’ll be with mom, daddy and sis, and we’ll go visit grandparentsand I’m grateful for that, and I love Christmas with my family, but I want to be Home with my kids.

Can you imagine how awesome it would be? – first Christmas in shorts and tee, it would be hot and we would probably have chapatti – because it’s the best meal they have and I’m pretty sure Grace will save it for the Christmas Eve.

I miss my kids,

but I also miss Africa – the simple way of life,

how I could feel the presence of God everywhere…

I miss waking up in the morning and feeling hungry,

I miss kids knocking on my door and asking for bubbles-all the time.

I wish I could hug someone at night and carry a kid to bed,

I miss someone in wet pants sitting on my knees,

I miss the sound of bare feet on the concrete floor in the Hall,

I miss full portion of cooked beans and rice dropped in the middle of the room,

I miss kissing good-night

I miss evening trips to Punda – for a bottle of coke

I miss chai for breakfast

I miss silent nights and starry skies

I miss swinging under the mango trees

I miss whistling while walking to the bathroom – to let the dogs know it’s you…

I imagine someone else sleeping in my bed,

Someone else loving on my kids

Someone else cutting carrots for Grace and sorting beans.

I miss the heat and the dust

I miss having no clean clothes, yet feeling awesome

I miss boredom of slow days

I miss Africa

I miss matatus filled with people,

I miss the smell of beans, corn and people, present everywhere

I miss random moments

Like doing laundry and than hanging my washcloth on the door handle ,

Like having three piles of clothes – clean from home – relatively clean – work,

Like waiting 12 hours at the airport and wishing time would hurry up, but still enjoying the last luxuries of western world – like real toilets and common sense,

Like folding all my tees and blanket and pillow and getting it all ready for Grace,

Like never staying up after 9p.m.

I need to go back.

No comments: