"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you....For I am the Lord, your God...." Isaiah 43:1-3

Thursday 29 December 2011

africa 2011 - day 3 - Nancy's place

" eeek - Tom (and maybe Hannah ) probably have Typhoid, we're digging the well again,
it's almost 160 cm deep and we have nice system now - boys cut the soil, girls throw the chunks of mud out - it's easier this way (at least for us - girls :D ) "

...we went to Makuyu after work,

and took Edwin, Albert and George with us.
I love Nancy's little shop and Chai and mandazi - yumm

it feels so good to be back - walking down the road to Makuyu, sitting outside, mamma Nancy brings you Chai and a plate of mandazi, kids yell at you - mzungu how are you?! ... I forgot I'm mzungu. I haven't been mzungu for 2 years.



it was a good day.
I sleep like 10 hours every day and I'm still tired.

No comments: